Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring is in the air........

.............  and with it comes girl scout cookies, easter candy, birthday cakes, cook outs and lots of other devilish temptations.  I won't lie I have dabbled in the land of cookies but my trick is to separate them out into packets (using press n seal) of 2-3 cookies and then put them in the freezer.  It really does help because if you notice you never enjoy the whole sleeve of cookies the same way that you cherish the moments with the first couple.  It took me a little bit to realize that the "happiness" factor while eating myself wore off and when I kept eating it was just to be eating.  When I say a bit I mean like years!  Having the band has certainly helped me realize this epiphany and has started to change my views on food.  Yes, food is still great and nice to enjoy but just like a great lover you should never take it for granted.  Enjoy your food fellow bandsters and when you notice that you are no longer cherishing the taste but just moving your arm in an up and down motion from plate to face it is time to stop.  

6 comments:

  1. These things are evil, and they must be destroyed! ...by my molars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love some girl scout cookies. I made sure neither one of bought any this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great plan for portion control :)

    By the way, I am loving the title of your blog...it always makes me think "oh..I'm still a fat girl on the INside.." We all have different perspectives on this journey I guess. Keep up the good work with your band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really speaks to me. I'm just starting to reach that point in my band journey, realizing that I'm tired of eating and I just need to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...press and seal. That's an interesting idea. I will have to check into that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ate two boxes in three days! Oh well. Right now I am trying not to eat a second Totino's pizza for dinner!

    ReplyDelete