Friday, September 3, 2010

Metformin and elliptical update


So I found an elliptical machine!  A friend of ours was selling one for a great price and it works just great for me.  I can only make it about 15 minutes at a time but hey, it is better than sitting on the couch doing nothing.  I have already used it twice and figure that I am going to use it regularly in the morning after the kids are ready for school and eating breakfast and then again after work while my husband is cooking dinner.  Hopefully, I will eventually be able to last longer before my body feels like an alien is trying to burst out of it.  Wish me luck!

Now for my main topic of today's post, Metformin.  As I mentioned before I have PCOS and am on the medicine called Metformin.  The only problem with it is that until you get used to the dose you are on (a couple of weeks) you are sick to your stomach and have the poos.  Yup, I was in a meeting this morning and had to run out without notice before I crapped all over myself.  It was not very funny (my husband thought it was) but I might count it as a work out!  I mean that was some fast moving so it has to count as something.  The sad part is that I am not even on my full dose yet.  I am only on 1 of 3 pills a day.  The good news about this is that I seem to be pooping out the weight I need to lose.  I am down to 340.7 today and that means I am that much closer to the pre surgery weight I need to be at in October.  Still a bit overwhleming but I am going to make it..........I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment