Friday, September 17, 2010

did not make my goal

I failed to make my 5 pound goal this week.  It has been pretty upsetting to me and has caused me to not be sleeping well or playing well with others.  I emailed my nutritionist and sent her my logs to ask what I was doing wrong and she told me that I was not doing anything wrong and asked if I was getting close to my period because that would cause me to retain water.  This peaked my interest and I pulled out my handy dandy calendar and it turns out I am less than a week out from that special time.  This has helped me a bit but I have to say I am still a little upset with myself and think maybe there is something I could have done. 

On the upside of things, I have the best husband in the world!  He found the Adkins snack section and picked up some very low carb items to help me make it through my period.  He also found some low carb tortillas and made some quesodillas for us.  Mine was small but it tasted so good and it felt good to be eating with the family instead of drinking my dinner or eating something way different. 

The elliptical is getting better.  I am able to make it longer before I start trying to convince myself that I don't need to go any further and then have to listen as the angel and the demon on my shoulders battle it out.  I really wish they would find another perch because I do not need the extra weight while I am working out.  Oh well, I am just glad that the angel keeps winning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment