Monday, September 13, 2010

Chili's and the weekend

Well, I miss fried food.  There I said it, I miss the wonderful crispy fried goodness of fried food.  A lot.  But not as much as I miss cake.  mmmmmmmmmm, Cake!  I know I sound like the poor little fat girl but I can't help it.  I was surrounded this weekend but both of those things.  Not fun. 

We decided to go out to eat after my sons football game to celebrate a great win and so we went to chili's.  I was able to find pleny of things that were low carb and and was pretty proud of myself.  And then the food came.  Now, my family offered to order similar items to mine but I told them I would be fine and to order whatever they wanted.  This included boneless chicken wings, ribs, fries, burger, chicken strips and roasted corn on the cob.  I was fine until I started looking at their food and remembering how good it was.  I think I was even close to biting someone at one point.  Luckily, for them, they ate fast and we were able to have a great time.  Still, I miss fried foods.

I did not quite realize how much I missed cake until we were at my nieces birthday party on sunday.  She had cake and ice cream which people kept asking me if I wanted.  Inside my mind was screaming "CRAP YES!!!!"  but on the outside I thanked them and said no.  The hard part was when my two year old was having problems getting the cake from the plate to his mouth with the fork and so I had to feed it to him.  That was a little hard cause it was a great smelling strawberry cake but he finished and I was able to go home knowing that I would not feel bad about anything that I put in my food log for this weekend.

Yes, I miss these foods but not more than I want to be healthy and happy.  I will probably always crave them and might even cheat sometimes but I was able to prove to myself this past weekend that I am so over being fat.  I am ready to move on and let others enjoy the foods that for short moments (until I say my hips) made me think I was happy.  I have also started to realize just how much of the food issues are completly mental.  It is insane and long enough for its own post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment