I really don't do new year's resolutions because they always seem to be doomed to failure but I do make yearly goals that I think about and know that they are attainable and make smaller goals to help keep me on path. So here are my goals for this year. Well, my weight loss goals anyways.
1. Post at least once a week on my blog and comment more on the ones I follow. This is one that was sacrificed for time management reasons and I keep reading everyones posts but don't have time to comment or post my own. I have noticed that when I made that time cut my motivation dropped too.
2. Reach my 100lbs lost goal. I am two pounds from 80 now and so I am hoping that 22 lbs in 12 months is not too much to ask for but you never know. I have my game plan set and my husband is still pushing me along so I am hoping to keep 2+ pounds a month loss. I know that doesn't seem like much but those with PCOS know that every pound seems to take forever!
3. Finish the couch to 5K program. This is the big one. I am still on week one for heavens sake! I am still getting my knees and body acclaimated to running with this amount of fat on it. For others the program is 9 weeks for me it will be much longer but it is one that I can set mini goals and continue to work towards.
4. Be more open about my surgery. I am still really private about my surgery to others but as the weight comes off and I am more comfortable with my results I am talking to people that I think are truely interested in my loss. I still pish posh those that are just nosey but I am hoping that I can start helping others with wieght loss and knowing that they are not alone.
5. Stop seeing myself as a 350lbs woman. Ok, so this one is a bit resolutionish but it really is an important goal for me. I still see myself at my starting weight. I don't try new things often and still check chairs to see if they can handle my butt. It upsets my husband that I have not changed this point of view yet but I had it for 8 years so it is not like it will just go away. I am going to try and work on this new perspective.
I am looking forward to being held accountable to my new goals and will keep you updated. I will also start commenting more on all of your posts too.