Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Product (Tool) of the week- Blogs

The product of the week for this week should have been the first one I ever did but it is the blog world.  I don't know if it counts as a product but it has been the best tool (short of my band) in this whole journey.  I have been able to be as open and free with my thoughts, emotions and struggles without feeling like I was exposing myself.  I have also been able to glean information for others and since I am a Mexico Bandster I am also able to feel like I belong to a support group.  (mexico bandsters are not really accepted in most real places)  I have found that there are so many people out there that are fighting with weight loss either with the band or with traditional methods.  I don't feel so alone anymore and I am so blessed that I have this tool to keep me motivated and firm on my journey. 

I also want to thank my followers and comments because you really do keep me accountable for what I put in my mouth and my workouts.  I missed my workout last night and I kept thinking about how I was going to have to post in my week evaluation that I didn't do it.  I still didn't do it but I am not missing tonight because then I would look like a princess Lame-o  for missing two nights in a row.  Thanks again for your support and if you have a blog and I am not following you please post the link in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Blogging is definitely a great tool that aids in the weight loss journey! It is so wonderful to have non-judgmental people out there offering support and advice, and yes, to call you out and hold you accountable when need be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're following me...
    http://electricladyband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sister! This has been one of the most amazing tools in my journey as well. Cannot imagine life without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you. I am a Mexico Bandster and when I mention that, it's almost as if people make the sign of the cross with their fingers and wince. It was just as clean, respectable and safety conscious as any American hospital. Keep blogging, I hit your blog up about every other day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you just inspired me to create a band related blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, I think that is a great idea. The reason I started this blog was to help others the way you helped me.

    ReplyDelete