Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ever have one of those days

I woke up this morning and something felt different, that is how I knew it was going to be one of those days.  I have been dealing with the worst fate of luck today, actually it started yesterday when I got a ticket for running a YELLOW light.  That's right, a yellow light.  It has just spiraled out of control since then.  I am hoping that after 24 hours it will grow bored with screwing up my day and move on to the next victim.  One good thing has come out of it.  I am not turning to brownies to make this better.  In fact I was so mad last night that I went over my set time on the elliptical and have not had even a temptation to snack.  I know that might sound odd for anyone who has never been an emotional lazy eater but I was surprised.  I am continuing to find out new ways that I am changing.  I am turning to different things when I am emotional now and even using that feeling to motivate me.  It wasn't that long ago that I would have sat on my couch in self pity and ate a pan of brownies without even baking them (well, not the whole pan).  So, even though my day has been crappy I have had a great NSV out of it and I hope my bad luck doesn't stop and visit any of you.  Have a great night and Stay warm!

5 comments:

  1. That really sucks about the ticket! I could see if it was a RED light!! Uugghhh damn cops!
    I am having one of those days today! But I gave in and had a few cradbury eggs. Oh I love those! I only 3...but still I shouldn't have had any!
    Good job on the NSV! You have overcome alot with that! Nice job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i nominated u for an award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate tickets....my tummy makes back flips when I see a police car! Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I look forward to reading yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the bad luck, but glad to hear your not eating your way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would dispute the ticket if I were you! And I'm glad you didn't eat your frustration - that IS a huge NSV!

    ReplyDelete